I've been amazed by our students' eagerness to have an impact beyond campus." - Ashley Goodman, Director of Service Learning
Service learning projects, opportunities, and curricula at Windward School are designed to create citizens of our local and global communities who are compassionate, curious, and connected with others. Our students have the potential to learn deeply by developing collaborative, reciprocal relationships with our local and global partners. We embrace an assets-based, community-driven approach where both students and community partners are serving and learning together through shared decision-making and direct engagement.
By integrating service experiences into the lives and learning of our students, we hope that they will grow as creative and innovative collaborators, and find the potential within themselves and in our world to become social changemakers.
- Westside Children's Center
- Mar Vista Elementary School
- Richland Avenue Elementary School
- Grandview Boulevard Elementary School
- Walgrove Avenue Elementary School
- Palms Elementary
- Beethoven Street Elementary School
- Mar Vista Community Council