Coronavirus Awareness and Information
Windward is keeping a close eye on the developing situation in regards to coronavirus (COVID-19) and is taking the appropriate safety precautions by following the latest CDC and Department of Public Health guidelines.
Below, please find important news and resources; please check back regularly for additional updates.
- What is the schedule for remote learning?
- How will remote learning be different for students and faculty?
- How does COVID-19 affect AP Exams?
- Will Windward change its grading system for the end of the 2019-20 academic year?
- How are Windward’s Division Teams supporting students during remote learning?
- Will students be prepared for the next grade level given the disruption to the way they are normally provided instruction?
- Parenting in Place Masterclass
- What is the status of next year’s Global programs?
- What if students haven’t finished their community service hours for this academic year?
- Can students receive diploma requirement credit for community service performed this Summer?
- What about extracurricular activities in athletics, arts, and other areas?
- Class of 2020 Senior Celebrations
- Graduation 2020
- Campus Locker Pickup Information
- Handwashing Guidelines
- What steps are you taking to keep coronavirus (COVID-19) from campus?
- How can I increase the chances of staying healthy?
- Is Windward doing anything to support the medical community in need of supplies?
- Are there any physical fitness or wellness resources available?
- What is the status with health forms for next school year?
- How are Windward’s counselors supporting students during remote learning?
- What resources do you recommend to address psychological well being?
- What has Windward College Counseling done to adapt its support of Windward’s students as it moved to an online environment?
- Will the changes for the Class of 2020 impact the Class of 2021 in the college process?
- Will virtual learning have an impact on my college applications?
- I am a Junior and have not taken the SAT/ACT or Subject Tests. What should I do? Which test should I prioritize?
- How can I learn more about colleges? How can I “demonstrate interest?”
Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
The School has taken the following steps in order to keep our community as healthy as possible. These include:
Daily cleaning of campus and facilities using hospital-grade disinfectants;
Additional sanitization of high volume touchpoints (doorknobs, faucets, push bars, common technology, etc.);
Purell Stations located throughout campus;
Purell and Lysol wipes in classrooms;
Proper hygiene and healthy living encouraged (emails, flyers in restrooms);
Full disinfection of all facilities every Saturday; and
Daily review of CDC and LA County Department of Health websites and announcements.