|Every Windward parent is automatically a member of the Parent Guild! The Parent Guild offers many opportunities, large and small, to get involved with the school. Come and join fellow parents in making new friends, reconnecting with old friends, and in general, just having a good time while contributing to the school community! Please contact your 2013-14 Guild President Debbie Markiles with questions. |
The Windward Parent Guild is the liaison between the parents and Windward School. As a Windward parent, you help to organize and plan many of the School's special events and assist in sustaining the arts, athletics, service learning and other important areas of school life. Our mission is to support the policies of the Board of Trustees and Windward administration in challenging students to achieve academic excellence in a nurturing atmosphere. The Parent Guild works to strengthen participation in the Windward community through parental volunteer programs that enrich the social, cultural, and fundraising activities of the School.
Parent Guild Meetings
The Parent Guild holds five meetings during the year on various Wednesdays during the year in the Windward Pavilion beginning with a light breakfast at 7:45 a.m. (Meetings start promptly at 8 a.m.). Find the dates on this page or click School Calendar to the left to view this year's dates.
All parents are always welcome. At meetings, we often hear reports from Head of School Tom Gilder, the Directors of the Middle and Upper Schools, and throughout the year from college counselors, faculty guest speakers, and various Parent Board Liaisons on the latest activities and plans for our students. Whether you just want to stay informed or wish to volunteer for one of our committees (see form under Downloads), we hope to see you at the meetings! Find the latest meeting minutes on this page.
Parent Guild Meeting Dates 2013-14
|September 11, 2013|
November 6, 2013
January 15, 2014
March 5, 2014
May 7, 2014
All Parent Guild meetings begin at 7:45 a.m.
Parent Guild Volunteer Descriptions
Arts: Performing & Visual
- Plan events, pack and send items to recent grads
Athletics: Middle and Upper School
- Organize receptions for performances
Center for Teaching & Learning (CTL)
- Grade ___
- Provide support for teams
- Volunteer in library and support CTL staff
- Write articles for website
- Support Food Services with special events on campus
- Celebrate teachers and staff with special treats
- Help with food delivery and other efforts for families in need
- Plan arts activities as part of winter school-wide event
- Grade _____
- Assist grade-level reps
- Organize programs to welcome grandparents
- Photograph school events for a "parent yearbook"
- Help with a multitude of activities for this Fall festival
Lost & Found
- Plan and staff events and presentations
New Family Hospitality
- Catalog and publicize lost items
Parent Service Learning
- Help to welcome new families at various events
- Support student initiated projects and programs
- Plan and market an array of parties hosted by and for families
- Devise and publicize speakers for the Windward Community
- Create Wildcat Spirit with BBQ's , posters, etc.
- Plan and staff our spring parent event and auction
Teacher Conference Lunches
- Catalogue summer activities for this helpful resource
- Support committee during teacher conferences
Parent Meeting Minutes (secure)